Sunday, February 22, 2009

Finally! He's here!

Kirsten had her baby today! Her water broke and the dr. on call wouldn't give her any pitocin so since she wasn't progressing everyone felt it was in her's and the baby's best interest to have a C-section. It was a good thing she did, the baby had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and Kirsten had a blood clot. They will watch that carefully and hopefully it won't cause any problems. But their little boy was 7 lbs 8 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. He doesn't have a name yet so for now he's baby boy Charles. :) He's a sweet little guy and I'm glad all is well!








4 comments:

Katie said...

He is precious! So glad to hear that he made it. I hope that all goes well with Kirstin's recovery and the blood clot.

The twins were so excited he was here at church yesterday. It was cute :)

And rather than make 2 comments, I'll just make this one long--our pool is drained right now for some repair and the kids beg everyday to go play in the pool. Funny how it's so exciting for them.

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

Yay! Congrats!

Keep us posted on her recovery.

kh said...

How does she manage? Aren't the twins just barely 6? She's got to be superwoman, for sure.

Congrats to them! I am sure he will be just as cute as his older siblings!

Congrats to you too, grandma! (I can't wait for this 'chapter' in my life!)

Big Daddy said...

Congratulations all around! I hope all is well with everyone.