Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well it's that time again. :) We had a good two weeks with Jeff home for the holidays. Love to have him here. And Jeff and I celebrated our birthdays. Hate to get older.. Hate even more to have him gone every week. It's funny when my friends complain about having their husband gone for business.. and I just think at least he's home most of the time. Then I have other friends whose husbands work out of town all the time and they say how nice it is to have him gone. That is NOT me! I love to have Jeff home, he's so helpful and such a great husband! Ok so I'll stop whining... I'm grateful for the job he has and life goes on...

I do have some pictures of New years eve but Lexie has my photo card...

So recently Lexie and I completed our personal progress. Personal Progress is a great program where you can set goals it's a little like the eagle scout program. Since I am in a stake calling I get the chance to put together fun things for all the youth in the stake. We are putting together a dinner for the young women who completed their personal progress this year, and then we will do a program for them and give them a gift. The gifts turned out cute also. The other girls are getting the Mesa temple, but Lexie already has a picture of that one so she wanted San Diego. They are on canvas with tulle wrapped around them. Very cute.




Here is some homework that Cory did. I love it and he did a great job! We miss our grandma Smith!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I am with you...I love having Rich around. I'm glad you had 2 weeks with him. What a treat!!
You are so talented! Looking forward to tomorrow night! Congrats to you and to Lexie!! OK-- and to Haley who inputted some things this week...YAY!!

kh said...

i am moody about mike's travels. there are times i like having him gone (seems i get a lot done) and others not so much! he's leaving next week and i am a bundle of nerves, so it might be a week of wishing he were here! but you are a super mom/grandma for all you do in your house while he's away. you are an example to me!

Chrissy said...

I shouldn't complain about Jonathan's schedule because the longest he is gone is 30 hours at a time. I can't imagine doing what you do, all the time. You are amazing! Super duper amazing. I wish I was more like you.