BTW here is her poem.. I had to hijack it..
Lucy Hermine
I came into this class with false hopes.
The others before me told me it wasn't
Crazy.
Challenging, yes.
But not too difficult.
Not too many projects.
Not too many assignments.
The others
Lied.
Cruella De Baack went easy on us first.
A. Shawn believed it to be easy.
Meg. A. Tiv disagreed.
"It's difficult now
And will only get harder,"
She would retort.
I was somewhere in between their beliefs.
Jack Ash was in there with me.
"Eh, you just have to think about your work,"
He told me.
I agreed with him.
Then came
Class novels,
Independent novels,
Essay after essay,
A never ending river of work
With all of us caught in the middle.
I sat back and watched the other students fret.
I pretended like I got it.
I was and am the class evaluator.
I observe.
They all think I'm sane.
But really?
My mind went a long time ago.
It flew away with the birds
When they migrated south for winter.
I try to answer questions with some intelligence.
I don't want to sound like
Some of the others.
I want to sound like I know what I'm doing.
The only thing that runs through my mind, though, is,
"Is that actually right?
Is it a trick question?
Is the answer really that obvious,
Or are we all just
Stupid?"
The truth of 6th hour AA Sophomore English
With Cruella De Baack?
She's driven us crazy,
And we're not done yet.
Haley Smith
3 comments:
I love Haley! I'm sad she is moving to Laurels next week. You are a good mom!!
you crack me up. YOU might think you looked bad, but honey you got nothing on me in the morning!!! i love that you took your picture too, as if you were trying to convince us?? ha! pah-lease! NEVER! you do what you gotta do, esp for the kids. i once had to go into RMRE for marcor (without a bra on, ya, niiiiiice.) i earned my stripe that day. ☺
I think you still look great, but i love that you took a picture of yourself! :) And her poem made me smile.
Post a Comment